Skin Preparation Instructions
For maximum results, spend the week prior to your show exfoliating and moisturizing your body.
On the day of your spray tan, do not moisturize: exfoliate only.
For the very best results:
· The week of the show, moisturize daily. Do this twice per day and exfoliate gently.
· The day of your tanning appointment, shower using a non-moisturizing liquid gel soap and gently wash the entire body. Then, gently exfoliate from head to toe, with nylon exfoliating gloves or a nylon mesh cloth. You may also shave using the scrub as it starts to emulsify. Do not use any bar soaps or other commercially made scrubs!
Pay special attention to your knees, elbows, hands, feet and heels. The better condition your skin is in, the better the product will absorb, the more flawless your tan will look, and you will have a more even fade after your competition.
Avoid all loofa / loofa-gloves, pads and sponges, regular exfoliating gloves are fine.
If you do not use Liquid Sun Rayz Citrus Body Scrub as your exfoliator, ensure you wash again with the non-moisturizing liquid gel soap after exfoliating. This will ensure that there is not an excess of oily residue on your skin should your own choice of body scrub contain too much oil.
· It is suggested that you shave at least 8 hours before your spray tan; preferably the night before, and all waxing is completed at least 7-10 days prior to your spray-tan appointment. If you are accustomed to waxing, then 3 days prior should be adequate. You cannot shave or shower after your colour is applied until after your competition.
· DO NOT put on any make-up, deodorant, perfume/cologne before or after your spray tan application. Ladies will be able to apply make up on show day. These products will react with the tanning solution and turn your armpits and any other areas of the body they contact green! For men, painting the finger and toenails with a clear polish will avoid staining of the nails. We will provide barrier cream for this purpose as well, which is easily wiped off after your tan application.
· Come to us with clean, dry skin wearing dark, loose fitting clothing and flip-flops. Do not wear any red colours. The red dye in cotton will tend to turn your skin green! An over-sized shirt and over-sized pants made of stretchy fabrics are best because they glide over your skin and won't disrupt the development of the bronzer. Avoid stiff fabrics! Pajamas and lounging pants and tops that easily pull over your head are best. Avoid zippers, snaps and buttons! Do not wear jeans!
· Women can be sprayed nude. If you have long hair, please remember to bring a tie back to keep hair off your shoulders and neck. We will provide a cap for you to wear.
· Men may wear something smaller than their posing suit, if being sprayed nude is uncomfortable. For the best results, it is easier for us to spray without posing trunks.
· The actual spray tanning session takes about 20 minutes for the application and another 10-20 minutes to complete the drying process. You will feel slightly sticky for about an hour until completely dry.
· After your color has been applied, please plan to sleep in your loose, oversized clothing until the morning. This will eliminate any inadvertent hand marks on your body during sleep. Do not sleep in the nude!